Our doctors will recommend the best contact lenses for you based on a complete eye examination and a review of your visual needs both at work and play. Since most people can wear more than one type of lens, it’s important to know what the choices are and the advantages and disadvantages to each.
This decision is based on several factors including:
- The amount & type of your prescription
- If you need bifocals and separate prescriptions for reading or computer use
- The curvature of your eye (and whether you have keratoconus or pellucid marginal degeneration)
- Tear quality and quantity
- Your visual demands at work and play
- Your health and medications you are taking
- If you have amblyopia or strabismus
Regardless of the type of contact lenses you wear, an annual eye exam is recommended to ensure the continued good health of your eyes.